Shower scrubs may be one of my faves. I remember when I was in Junior High (North…go Vikings) walking into Bath and Body Works mesmerized by the amazing scrubs and smells that they had to offer. I would often blow my allowances and birthday money on shower gels, scrubs and anything that would make my shower experience that much better.
Still just as obsessed, but without the birthday money or allowance since it all goes to rent and trader joes…jk… I know make my own. Also, it is super easy to make and makes you smell delicious and is a very relaxing way to end your day!
Here is one that I just made a DIY Lavendar Sugar Scrub
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon of lavender oil
1 cute container
- Combine all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. (Unlike my coconut oil lotions, I do not recommend heating the coconut oil because it will dissolve the sugar.)
- Spoon into storage container.
- On your face – Use at the sink or in the shower. Massage in circular motions for 30 seconds. (Avoid hairline so it doesn’t get greasy.) Rinse and pat dry. The oil will absorb immediately.
- On your hands – Massage into your hands and fingernails for 30 seconds. Rinse and pat dry.
- On your legs and feet – Massage into your legs and feet while in the bath or sitting on the side of the bathtub. Rinse and pat dry. (Never use on your feet in the shower because the coconut oil is slippery and you risk falling.)