Any opportunity to work on a set and in front of the camera is such a dream for me. This year I was able to be a part of the Bootbarn Western Wear Ad campaign for Christmas and it was such a blast!
Some ways to be prepared when youre on a set with pointe shoes and bright camera lighting!
- Bring Enough Padding and support for your pointe shoes and warmups to keep everything warm
- You tend to stand around a lot in between takes and with the right support, you will be more comfortable and able to perform when asked
- Bring Rosin
- Often these floors that we are asked to work on are not used to having pointe shoes on them. Ive worked on cement, old stages, wood floor, old wood floors… you name it. Most of the time not idea. Rosin will help your shoes not stick as much!
- I recently bought this brand from Discount Dance which sprays and is awesome!
- Take Pictures (if you are allowed) this way you will be able to share the news with your friends and family and remember it forever
- Have fun! Stay Patient! Stay Positive!
- Days on Set can be long and draining if you do not come in anticipating this. Therefore maintaining a positive attitude is KEY!
- There are so many little aspects that it takes for the director and the creative team to make everything work and sometimes even though you are talent we may not necessarily be the main focus of the shoot
- For example, here the focus was the Cowboy Boot!
Her is Sneak Peak Of the Ad Campaign! It came out super beautiful