Breakfast is my fave. Omlettes, waffles, avo toast, the list is endless. During the week I am often in a morning rush but still craving a tasty meal. So, any breakfast hack that can keep me on track and be tasty at the same time is basically perfection!
I found this awesome recipe for a gluten free breakfast egg mug cake and I’ve played with different ingredients and it has made many a mornings special. Follow the recipe and play with adding spinach, jalepenos, peppers, cheese, whatever you want!
· 5 tablespoons gluten free flour
· ¼ teaspoon baking powder
· 2 teaspoons olive oil or melted butter
· 1 egg
· 1 tablespoon grated cheddar cheese
· 1 tablespoon scallions, spinach, peppers or any veggie chopped
1. In a large microwave safe mug mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt with a fork.
2. Add in the milk, oil, egg, cheese and scallions or any other veggie you prefer and mix together until just combined.
3. Make a well in the center of the batter with a spoon and crack in your egg into the center.
4. Spoon the batter from the sides over the top of the egg. It’s a little tricky but you’ll get it. **This isn’t that tricky and it doesn’t have to be perfect**
5. Place in the microwave and cook for 50 seconds- 1 minute 10 seconds. you will know when it is cooked because it will be firm to the touch on top . (Cooking time is based on my 1200W microwave so your timing might vary) Always keep a close eye on your mug while in the microwave so it doesn’t over flow or over cook.
6. Enjoy! I usually add hot sauce