Confidence is something that I struggle with from time to time. I am able to put it on at times when I feel safe and it can be turned off quickly if I am feeling vulnerable or judged. Some weeks I am the most confident badass chick ever and the next I’m crouched in a chair calling my grandma crying about auditions. Artists life. It can also happen in the flip of a second. A comment by a stranger, a poor class pass review or even a compliment from the hot guy down the street. We are human. Life Occurs in cycles. That’s how it goes. Sometimes there are ways to control these cycles a little more, or even just flow between them easier. Here are some tips that I have found helpful 🙂 and also learning that confidence isn’t simply a trait but simply a skill has really shifted my view of the whole confidence thing and I am slowly building my confidence muscles
- Eat and Drink Right.
- Sometimes we splurge on candies, and cakes and bottles of wine with tacos and tequila. This is ok. Checks and Balances. Although is 80% of the time you’re on it. You’re getting the water you need and the veggies that fill you up, then you’re doing it right. Listen to your body. It will often tell you what it needs.
- Listen to some music
- Tunes, tune me in faster than anything. I love a night alone with a candle some new music. Current obsession James Bay new album…fire. Be in your thoughts. Get off your Instagram feed and CHILL
- Sit Up Straight
- IDK if you’ve seen the superman pose ted talk about body language….but if you haven’t here it is. Watch it! Here. But anyway it mainly discusses the importance about body language and how small little even 2 minute poses can completely transform your brain. I find when I am insecure I begin to shrink. Make myself smaller and slouch. This is not helping. Catch yourself, shake it out and sit up straight.
- Get Grateful
- I aim to begin and end my day with 5 things that I am grateful for. I leave a notepad beside my bed and try to fill it out. Sometimes they are as simple as the pen that I am using to write with, but can expand to some truly awesome things. Gratitude benefits are endless and I immediately feel better after these lists.
- Pep Talk
- I am a sucker for a cute inspirational quote. A motivational meme or any little pick me up. Literally you should see my apartment. Im totally crazy! But honestly words of affirmation are amazing. Write some on a post-it. Follow gabby Bernstein or just simply google inspirational quotes. One may speak to you
- Distract yourself
- You know when you give your dog the bone to your T-Bone and its down to the bottom and you’re worried its going to choke, so you cut a piece of chicken or cheese and distract the dog with something else? Yeah- do this with yourself. When you’re starting to feel low, get your butt into a high intensity workout class, go on a walk, dance in your apartment. HAVE FUN! You are so freaking blessed and should feel good in the skin you are in.
xoxoxoxoxo, You Are Wonderful.