It’s the first month of 2018 and we are about to get tight the right way. Healthy simple lifestyle changes and I cannot wait to join you on my journey! One simple recipe that my sweet mom shared with me from allrecipes.com to get my started was this amazing, surprisingly tasty, cabbage detox soup. I’ve made it for the past two weeks and I can’t get enough! Give it a try and have some fun adding jalapeños mixed cabbage or whatever else comes to mind!!!
Ps this recipe was for my instant pot, but I’ve also done it over the stove. It takes a few minutes more but start with the mirepoix cooking in oil first then add the ingredients. Still just as tasty 🙂
• 3 cups coarsely chopped green cabbage
• 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
• 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
• 3 carrots, chopped
• 3 stalks celery, chopped
• 1 onion, chopped
• 2 cloves garlic
• 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 2 teaspoons dried sage
• Combine cabbage, vegetable broth, diced tomatoes, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, and sage in a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)). Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer’s instructions; set timer for 15 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
• Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer’s instructions, 10 to 40 minutes. Unlock and remove lid.
Serve in your favorite soup bowl, top with cilantro, or hot sauce of both 😉 turn on the new Grace and Frankie season and chill