I don’t know if you feel the same way when summer finally comes to an end….but I feel like I am walking straight into Hurricane Lane. Overwhelmed, distracted and a basically all over the place. Don’t get me wrong summer 18 was one of the best summers of my life! It was full of family memories, my first equity show, 3 Months in San Diego getting the darkest tan of my life, acquiring a taste for sours and IPAs and even a three day float trip along the Rogue River in Oregon! Epic! Once labor day hit me like a bad hangover I could not believe it was over. Reality officially sunk in as my agents were sending me 6 audition notices, my landlord calling about rent and my teaching jobs knocking at my door wondering if I can add even more hours this year. I felt like I couldn’t hide any longer. I also felt like I wasn’t prepared for the year ahead. With these posts summer blues behind me the next step that I could take was to put my big girl LA pants on and get focused. Here are some of the things that I have started post Labor Day and they are really helping me out 🙂 Enjoy!
Here are a few of the things that I am doing to get focused and organized for the fall
- Deep Clean Apartment- Get down on those hands and knees lol but really and clean the floor. During the summer months at least in LA I have my windows open all of the time. Summer breeze is BAE but it can also bring in some unwanted dust that can be tricky to clean up. I recently invested in this BRUNA mop that is microfiber and works wonders. Try the amazon version
- Rearrange Furniture- Nothing puts me in a new and focused space that shifting the space that I am living in. My mom taught me this and we would always have the most wonderful time moving furniture around and playing with the space. It can sometimes completely transform the room.
- Wake Up Earlier- I mean as a huge fan of the Miracle Morning (see post of miracle morning) the benefits of setting time aside in the morning to schedule your day or simply just prepare your mind for what is about to happen in your day can truly transform your attitude. Since coming back from Labor Day I have been waking up between 515am and 6am and with my new Keurig coffee maker and Death Wish Coffee my mornings definitely suck less
- Use Your Planner- UGH…this for some reason has always been hard for me. I remember in 7th grade how my English home room teacher would always do “agenda” checks and I would often get zeroes. I don’t know why so many girls would color code their lives like it depended on it and mine would often look like a mess. The past two years I have invested in a Passion Planner and I have noticed a difference. Visually seeing my weekly schedule on two pages is super helpful and then I also copy this to my phone with reminders.
- Catch Up with Friends- At least for me summer is usually filled with a long job away from the town I live in. While this is super exciting, it can also take me away from the relationships that I have built in the city. Once I’m back planning time to catch up with friends. Hear about their summers and start the fall with some more fair weathered friends is fun and gets you away from some at home tasks as well
- Remind yourself that it is never too late to start the day over. I gave my dad this sign a few years back as a reminder that it is never too late to start again, forgive yourself, move on whatever you need. Getting back into the swing of things is always hard. Especially if you have been working on a show or been away from home for awhile. Take each day separately and forgive yourself if you mess up 🙂
Hope these are helpful! They are really helping me this week stay on track and get prepared for the exciting things I have coming up!
Happy Almost Fall! Have you gotten your PSL yet?