It’s the new year! Time for new gym memberships, time for healthy eating, dry January (not for me) and whatever other fad diet you wanna try. I’m just reaching high and mighty for those 6-pack LA KISS abs again and I’m determined…so I’m eating clean training dirty and making it happen. The first step I have found that keeps me on track is making sure I start the morning right. I do this with these super easy to make tasty AF breakfast egg muffins!
Try them, get creative with them, and enjoy!! **my egg muffins contain bacon, butter and cheese…I’m semi keto without the nasty bulletproof coffee so without judging just make the freaking muffins however you want. I’ve done egg whites, eggs with yolk and red pepper, with cheese without cheese. They are basically impossible to mess up
Yield: 6 muffins
Serving Size: 1 of 6 muffins
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
6 slices bacon*, cooked
1 tbsp butter
3 ounces Swiss cheese, cut into six equal portions
1 pinch onion powder
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Lightly oil a non-stick muffin pan.
- Place one slice of meat in the bottom of each muffin cup.
- Gently beat eggs with onion powder (plus any extra vegetables or spices).
- Pour egg mixture over meat, evenly between the six muffin cups.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the egg has set.
- Top each muffin with a half slice of cheese. Return to the oven to soften the cheese (1-2 minutes).
- Serve immediately or allow to cool before storage.
Eat up! Remember that it is all about those small daily changes that you can do to improve yourself. It’s a lifestyle change not just a quick fix. Starting with a healthy breakfast is such a simple step to get on the right track, so why not try!!
Xoxoxoxoxo xoxo jean