Dancing and modeling in a hair show has been a new found journey of mine and it is so much fun acting as an artist muse and having them work hair magic on you. This is what I was able to do this past Redken Symposium and it was so much fun. I was assigned to a “Get Inspired” team under the direction of Catherine Allard and it was full of so many talented artists who pushed the envelope with color cut and techniques that are taught all around the world. Some little things that helped me travel on my way to Vegas and keep me preoccupied on set were the following:
Necessities on Set:
- Ipad- There are so many things you can get done on your ipad. It is like a mini laptop and with my phone working as a hot spot the connection is fast and efficient.
- The Power- A novel written by Naomi Alderman is a fantastic story about women developing the power to emit electrical jolts. Basically girls rock and this novel sucks you in like no other.
- LaraBars- There is often a meal provided which is wonderful. Although sometimes on jobs like these the meals are made for a large amounts of people and the food can be cooked in oil that I am not used to. I can be a picky eater. Therefore, LaraBars can hold me over. Cashew is my fave 🙂
- Explore- If you get a day off try out something new. I have been to Vegas several times to party, but this time I was there for work so wanted to try Vegas on the other side. So, I attended a Pure Barre Class and explored and hiked around Red Rock Canyon. So much fun!
- Starbucks- because duh
- Good podcasts- Currently obsessed with Goop, Skinny Confidential, ZOE (the church I attend) Super Soul,